Lost Girls Photo Gallery

Lost Girls RTW Adventure, Photo Gallery — By on January 1, 2006 at 2:06 am

Amazon Basin, Peru: “Playing with our new fuzzy friend from Monkey Island”

Southern India: “Amanda checking out the scenery during a train ride from Bangalore to Trivandrum”

Amazon Basin, Peru: “Holly shooting a blowgun with the Yagua tribe”

Lima, Peru: “Amanda’s 28th birthday party at T’anta restaurant”

Hanoi, Vietnam: “Fun with hats at our Emanuel’s apartment (an amazing French expat who worked for a local art gallery and invited us over for dinner with him and his five international roommates”

Hanoi, Vietnam: “Holly’s 29th birthday party in the city”

Sapa, Vietnam: “Holly with Tsu, a Black Hmong who was our tour guide through the hills of Sapa”

Sapa, Vietnam: “Hiking to a Hmong tribal village which required a whole new set of skills to get through the thick mud”

Amazon Basin, Peru: “Visiting the Yagua tribe”

Southern Islands, Thailand: “Jen and Amanda on a ferry headed to Ko Phangan for the Full Moon Party”

Bangkok, Thailand: “Jen shopping for jewelry near the Siam Center and mingling with the local shopkeepers”

Dubai, United Arab Emirates: “Amanda making friends with a camel”

Luang Prabong, Laos: “Jen and Amanda’s first kayaking adventure in this part of the world”

Luang Prabong, Laos: “Jen playing with Hmong children during a hike to a small hillside village”

Kiminini, Kenya: “Holly posing with Pathfinder Academy boarders and Joshua, our Village Volunteers  coordinator”

Kiminini, Kenya: “Jen and Holly playing with local children on the way to the market”

Kiminini, Kenya: “Welcoming newly born HAJI into the world, a baby cow living on the grounds of Pathfinder Academy, who was named after us and a fellow volunteer – Holly, Amanda, Jen, Irene”

Kiminini, Kenya: “LGs and Irene planting seeds on the grounds of Pathfinder Academy”

Luang Prabong, Laos: “Amanda playing with Hmong children”

Kiminini, Kenya: “Meeting local students during a walk to town”

Kiminini, Kenya: “Posing on a log during one of our walks with Joshua (in the background)”

Kiminini, Kenya: “Posing with a member of the Masaba Widows’ Group”

Kiminini, Kenya (Sister Freda’s Clinic): “Holly with Esther, an orphan rescued by Sister Freda”
Kiminini, Kenya: “Jen enjoying time with the boarders during one of our nightly teaching and dance sessions”
Alleppey, India: “Jen and Amanda posing with Johnson (of “Johnson’s the Nest” backwater boat tour company) before boarding our overnight vessel”
New Delhi, India: “Jen and Holly chatting with a group of locals outside of  Gandhi’s tomb at Rajghat”
Jaipur, India: “Posing against a palace wall during our driving tour of The Golden Triangle”
Maasai Village of Oronkai, Kenya: “Getting inducted into the Maasai tribe”

Siem Reap, Cambodia: “Posing in front of Angkor Wat before hopping on bicycles and embarking on a 10 mile plus journey around the famous ruins”
Siem Reap, Cambodia: “Stopping to rest at the top of one of Angkor Wat’s innumerable ruins”
Siem Reap, Cambodia: “Grabbing a bite to eat in town to refuel from our long bike ride around Angkor Wat”
Agra, India: “Posing in front of the Taj Mahal”
Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean: “Taking full advantage of a very lucky upgrade on an American Airlines flight to New Delhi”

Huacachina, Peru: Surfing the Sand Dunes

Our pre-trip NYC countdown!

<—–Our last visit to Tasti-d-Lite…a New York institution on par with Junior’s Cheesecake and the Cosmopolitan, but with only 10 skinny calories per ounce! Amanda indulges in a LG favorite: Milky Way with chocolate sprinkles, to be eaten on the run.

Ahhh….pedicure! We got ours whenever possible at Cindy’s Nails on the Upper West Side. Here, Jen prepares for one of our last big nights on the town by get her toes painted with Opi’s “It Now or Never” polish. —->

<—–Holly getting “fluffed” at our first Lost Girls photo shoot. We had real photographers and props and a makeup artist and everything!

Jen says farewell to her fabulous VH1 coworkers (Courtney and Catherine, from left) at the Lost Girls Bon Voyage Party.
—–>

<—–Jen and Amanda score mad going-away-for-a-year loot, all wrapped up in internationally appropriate paper. Inside: a kick ass travel journal, plus photos, from roomie Beth.

Holly (bless her cotton socks!) helps Jen and Amanda take nine enormous boxes of stuff eight city blocks to a UPS Store…using nothing more than a few furniture dollies. We owe you one, sister.—–>

Tags: ,

• Karen Robinson says:

Hi You Three:

What a GREAT way to stay in touch! I LUV IT!!

Be careful and stay well…Just have LOTS of FUN!

Karen

• Steven says:

This blog’s a great idea. Well done!

• dadadoll designs says:

looks like you guys are having so much fun! I’m almost jealous, well, not almost, I AM Jealous! Hehe!

real photog, make-up artist and all, that’s fancy! cool! 🙂

I’m a jealous fan. Keep posting. Thank you. 🙂

• deepsin says:

Hey… thgis is kind of a journey i always dreamt for…!!!

• Lilliy says:

Amazing photos and blog I am so green with envy that I haven’t yet been able to see Africa and the far east.. lucky you.. keep up the great posts..

• Kristen says:

I stumbled upon your book in Barnes and Noble yesterday, and haven’t been able to put it down. Almost done reading it (on pg 412)! You are truly an inspiration to all us 20 and 30-somethings out there wondering what life would be like “if only…” I wish I had the courage to drop everything and just go, but if nothing else, I can live vicariously through your stories.

• Amanda says:

Thanks for all of the great comments here! Kristen, I’m so happy that you stumbled upon the boook and you’re enjoying it so much! In the years that we’ve been putting together this blog, you guys–our readers in every part of the world–are a huge inspiration to us. Let’s all live vicariously through each other, then get out there…and GO! 🙂 xo ADP

• Sarah says:

I’m nearly finished with your book, and am totally immersed in it. As a tay-at-home mom and freelance writer/editor, I’m living vicariously through you and your travels, and learning a lot about the world at the same time. Great job on the book, blog, and living life!

• Sarah says:

oops … Obviously, this editor should have edited her comment before posting. “Stay-at-home mom”, not “tay-at-home mom”.

• Tanya says:

Ladies, I just finished reading your book today, wow! I am your biggest fan! Well done, your book is undownputtable! I loved your writing style as well. Thank you for a wonderful journey!

• Liz says:

Amazing story!! Read it cover to cover and loved every minute of it! Very inspirational!

• Audrey Jean says:

I have just two chapters left of The Lost Girls and I am not looking forward to the end. Its been the greatest read I have ever had and I don’t think I’ll ever find a better(if not equally good) book. I’m just a sixteen year-old girl from California, too young to be a lost girl, but I really am one. I hope I can travel the world someday like you guys did.

• Gorgeous ladies who love to travel. Your website is unique and very informative indeed! Keep up it up.

Enjoy Amazing discounts of up to 80% off! Compare prices on hundreds of hotel booking sites at once!

• Eugenia says:

Im currently reading your book and cant put it down. Ive always dreamt about going on an around-the-world trip, and actually plan on doing it sometime in my twenties. I have to say that I admire your courage to leave everything and just go make your dreams come true. Its no easy fit, but you girls pulled it off, and although I dont know you personally, Im proud of you, for you are a great inspiration to a lot of girls who dream about that too. The photos are awesome, and I hope Jen and Holly really thanked you Amanda for always being the one to videotape everything; been there done that, and its a huge job. Anyway, please continue with this website, its amazing, and dont dissapear on us! Hugs from Uruguay (hope to see you girls here sometime, and please contact me if you ever do), Eugenia.

• Tillu says:

hi…u all are so sexy…damn hot…god bless u all

• Robyn says:

Loved the book, it was so inspirational. I’m only 19, and have no money but a trip like this is on my bucket list now! Although, one of my friends is going to South Africa, Australia and Asia BY HERSELF. I’m so jealous I can barely stand it!

• Tara Poole says:

I just finished the book and loved it. I felt like I was on the trip with you. Great job girls. Truly inspirational!

• Canada Cait says:

Just finished your book. And bought two more for my other Lost Girls who will be my “sisters” when we embark on our own adventure in t- 1.5 years. Thanks for sharing your journey. You girls are AMAZING!!! <3

• Flash memory is considered as technology which has the usage in memory cards
    and usb flash drives for storage and transfering data among computers and different digital items.

True, it’s not going to be very large but it can have sides that are 1. In some instances, the only changes or modifications required may be those relating to wide screens, where the options for resolutions may be limited.

Also visit my web page; South africa flash drives