A Lost Girls Update: April 2009New York City, The Lost Girls: The Book, Websites and Blogs — By Amanda P on April 28, 2009 at 4:45 pm
April has been a crazy-busy month for The Lost Girls! Even though it’s steamy hot outside in NYC, we wanted to give you the Christmas card version of what we’ve been up to these past few weeks, and let you know what’s coming up both on our end-and on the blog. Here are a few headlines:
1. The Book is done! Well, okay, the first draft of The Lost Girls book is done…! We turned in our manuscript to Stephanie Meyers, our editor HarperCollins. She definitely has her work cut out for her, as the draft is probably twice as long as it should be-but that’s what happens when you’ve got three chatty girls all vying to tell their stories! The LG Hesiman trophy goes out to Jen B, who went from rarely writing (and then, only when properly motivated) to cranking out chapters like she was born to do it! Go Baggett!!
2. Jen and Amanda are on mini-break! Because all three of us quit our jobs and/or got laid off during the book writing process, we’ve got a little time on our hands before the revision notes come back to us. Believe you me-we’re taking full advantage of it. Jen and I are hanging out in New York City and are in the process of putting together a master list of all the things we’ve been dying to do for ages, but had to put off â€˜til our pages were finished. Those include visiting the Whitney Museum, shopping on 5th Avenue in Brooklyn, getting saucy at Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem, grabbing drinks on Stone Street (in the Financial District), doing a double feature at the movies and wine tasting nights with our girlfriends.
3. Holly’s in China! Our most spontaneous LG had a flight voucher that was about to expire, so she booked a trip to the Far East to visit a friend living in Beijing. Jen and I wanted to come, but decided to save up to do a girlfriend getaway this summer in Central America (stay tuned for more on that in a future post). Holly will no doubt have tons of fun details to report-and we can’t wait to hear them!
4. I scratched an item off my bucket list! You know when people ask you what you’d do for a living if talent/training/money were no object? My knee-jerk reaction/answer is…Rock Star! Yeah, I know, real mature…but there’s always been a part of me that secretly loved the idea of getting up in front of a crowd of people and wailing a song into the mike just like Debbie Harry or Gwen Stefani. My sogno nel cassetto (dream in a drawer) was finally realized earlier this month when my good friend and real life rock star Courtney Dubin and her top 40s cover ban M-Theory passed off the mike and let me sing lead at Connolly’s Klub in Times Square. After sipping a couple drinks for courage, I did my perky rendition of “Walking on Sunshine” and managed not to forget any of the words! Truly, it was an out of body experience and one of the coolest of my life. Thanks Court and M-Theory!!
5. We joined Twitter! We’re excited to finally become a part of the phenomenon instead of just kind of hoping that it was a passing craze. Now that we’re on (look for us at www.twitter.com/lostgirlsworld) we’re kinda obsessed with posting about what’s happening in our world.
6. We’ve got an intern! We’re all psyched to welcome Patty Hodapp to Lost Girl. This rising junior at Syracuse University will be posting about her upcoming six-week study abroad program in Florence, Italy. After that, she’ll be backpacking through Italy and Croatia and sending us dispatches from the road. If you’re interested in contributing to the site (or know someoone who is) please contact us at [email protected]
And that’s all for now! Stay tuned-and be sure to follow us on Twitter!
Check out these related posts: