The Best Holiday Travel Beauty ProductsPacking & Wardrobe, Shopping & Style, Spa & Beauty — By Holly C on December 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm
By Holly C. Corbett, LG Executive Editor
On a trip to the Turks and Caicos to escape the snow, I opted to carry my luggage onboard to avoid checked baggage fees (and the risk of lost luggage!). Whether you’re flying home for the holidays or traveling in search of some sun this season, here is a round up of the most packable products.
- Tame frizz. I rarely take the time to blow dry my hair when I’m traveling because I’d rather be spending time with the people I’m visiting or out exploring, so I let it air-dry after scrunching with mousse for shine and definition. One I love is Prive Concept Vert Volumizing Froth. Made with moisturizing Amazon acai and babassu oil, it comes in a 2.5 fl oz non-aerosol, recyclable bottle so it’s good for your hair and the environment.
- Blush easy. If you love the healthy glow blush can give, but hate packing a puffy brush, Mally’s Perfecting Blush is the perfect solution. It comes with a self-dispensing dabber that’s built right in, and that cap has a mirror for easy touch-ups. The Peach shade is really natural looking.
- Keep it together. No more spending 10 minutes digging through your cosmetics bag to find your eyeliner: This quilted version from Lori Greiner has clear pouches so you can locate your makeup at a glance, and has plenty of separate compartments to keep your beauty products organized. It comes in a set of two, and the smaller size is perfect to tote in your purse or luggage because it’s compact yet has enough room to fit all of your favorite makeup.
- Achieve complexion perfection. It’s especially important to not neglect your skin around the holidays because dry airplane air (not to mention heated indoor air) can make it act up. I’m a skincare addict, and this kit from Ole-Henriksen packs anti-aging vitamin C and African red tea in a travel size. It gives you all the tools you need to nourish your complexion, such as a face and eye moisturizer, scrub, mask, cleanser and mist.
- Packing made easy. Between holiday shopping, baking, and wrapping, you probably have a longer-than-normal to-do list. To make packing simple, 3floz.com put together this “Home For the Holidays” kit that you can just grab and go. It’s stocked with everything from a Go Smile Jet Set Kit to Mbeze Cruizee Natural Deodorant (which smells like cucumber, mint tea and jasmine).
Check out these related posts: