The LG Travel News Roundup: Introducing the World’s Oldest BackpackerWeekly Travel News — By Alex B on May 18, 2012 at 6:00 am
By Susmita Baral
LG News Intern
Missed the big travel stories of the week? And the weird, wacky and insignificant ones? We’ve got your roundup right here…
World’s Oldest Backpacker
Australian backpacker Keith Wright, who is known as the world’s oldest backpacker, has planned a two month trip to Europe at the age of 95. Wright, a World War II veteran, began traveling after his wife’s death at the age of 85. To finance his travels, the travel enthusiast lives on a tight budget year round. Source: Daily Mail
Family Guy Tour
Fans of the American animated sitcom Family Guy have one big reason to visit Rhode Island: An all-day Family Guy tour that takes tourists around all the institutions featured in the hit comedy. The tour costs $49 and includes visits to the Breakers mansion in Newport and the Van Wickle Gates at Brown University. Source: USA Today
Thumbnail courtesy of The Daily Mail.
Check out these related posts:
- The LG Travel News Roundup: How Far Would You Fly for a Sandwich?
- The LG Travel News Roundup: 4.8.11
- The LG Travel News Roundup: The View from Scenic, South Dakota, Could Be Yours
- The LG Travel News Roundup: Bird’s Eye View Helps Find Lost Pyramids
- The LG Travel News Roundup: Hotel Staff Trained to Read Body Language